aka What is Sizzling in my Brain Pan
I'm trying to write without falling into that place where I start to hate the words. This means I'm also dabbling in several projects to avoid stagnation. For some writers this is a kiss of death. For most this is probably ill advised. Regardless, these are the ideas I've slapped onto paper to call them mine.
What I'm Writing:
Pyrophage -aka Talia. 2nd Draft done, percolating between heavy edits and some large formatting issues that need to be addressed. Genre: Urban Fantasy, Dystopian Sci-fi. Series. 1st of 6. (Burn baby BURN!)
Fiends Rise - aka GIANT LIZARDS EAT MANHATTAN 1st draft 30% done. Outlines are done, (most) world building done. Hurting my brain so I'm taking a break. (Related to Pyrophage. Same world. 2 of 6.)
Anna Undying - YA Vampire Fic, Modern Hungary. (Castles+Cellphones=awesome) Hard outline done. MC fleshed out, secondary characters falling into place.
Laboratory 6 - Short story. Urban Fantasy. Underground science compound, Emus, Raptors, and science geeks. I'm panstering this. I'll probably make an outline, but it's a short, so I'm trying to see if I can wing a first draft w/out too much pre-planning. (Candy Coated Emu. 'Nuff Said.)
Pending Book Reviews:
50 Shades of Grey (3/10 stars)
50 Shades Darker (I liked it more than I expected)
Suzanne Collins:
Hunger Games, (7/10 stars)
Catching Fire (5/10 stars)<-This may change. I want to reread.
Mockingjay (2/10 stars) (YES. REALLY.)
Chuck Wendig: Mockingbird (Really awesome. Need to re-read critically before rating)
Seanan McGuire: Ashes of Honor (<3! But needs a 2nd read.)
Twilight.... (Sigh. Yes, I may actually read the whole thing. If only to say YES, I read it, now STOP ASKING ME.)
Maybe some Charlaine Harris to round out the reviews, but frankly I already have SO MANY to do. Just... yeah. Give me time.
Also, this week was my birthday! (October 3rd) So I may be receiving even MORE BOOKS as gifts. I have been subsequently more busy as a result. Hopefully I'll be putting more work in here in the future. But first I have to plan time to sleep, meds, and all that jazz.
No comments:
Post a Comment